- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- ½ pound small potatoes, halved
- 1 corned beef brisket (about 3 pounds), plus pickling spice packet or 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 2 8-ounce beers, I prefer ale or lagers
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ head Savoy cabbage, cut into 1½-inch wedges
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3-4 tablespoons prepared horseradish to taste
- In a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker, place the carrots, onion and potatoes. Place corned beef, fat side up, on top of the vegetables and sprinkle with pickling spice. Pour the beers over the vegetables and brisket. Sprinkle with the sprigs of fresh thyme. Cover and cook on high until corned beef is tender, 5-6 hours or 10-12 hours on low.
- Arrange cabbage over corned beef, cover, and continue cooking until cabbage is tender, 45 min to 1 hour (or 1½ to 2 hours on low).
- Meanwhile, mix the sour cream and horseradish together. Thinly slice the corned beef against the grain and serve with the vegetables and cooking liquid with the horseradish sauce.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest