1/2 lb dried chickpeas
3 Tbsp minced garlic
4 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp tahini
1. Rinse the chickpeas and place in the slow cooker. Fill the slow cooker with water that goes 2 or so inches above the chickpeas.
2. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or until chickpeas are very soft.
3. Drain the liquid, and reserve it.
4. Place drained chickpeas in blender or food processor. Add in garlic, lemon juice, salt, olive oil and tahini. Blend until smooth, adding in some of the reserved liquid until it is the consistency you prefer. Adjust seasonings as needed.
5. Serve as a dip or on pita bread.