- 1 (4 lb) pork shoulder butt, roast
- whole garlic clove ( optional, use as many as desired)
- 1/3 cup Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper ( or to taste)
- Make small slits all over the roast then insert a whole garlic clove into each slit (this is only optional).
- Place the roast in a greased casserole dish with a lid.
- Sprinkle the roast on all sides with Worcestershire sauce.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1-1/2 hours.
- After 1-1/2 hours spoon any Worcestershire sauce (if any) back on the roast that has accumulated on the bottom of the casserole.
- Using hands press the brown sugar well into the meat on all sides making certain to adhear the sugar to the meat.
- Pour the apple juice into the bottom of the casserole.
- Cover tightly.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Place the roast in the oven and immediately reduce the temperature down to 200 degrees F.
- Roast for about 4 hours or until the meat is falling-apart tender (cooking time will vary depending on the size of the roast).
- Stir the salt and black pepper into the juice (do not omit the salt!)
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest