- 2 pounds pork loin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, garnish
- Season pork loin generously with salt and pepper, then heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, sear pork loin until nicely charred and blackened.
- Combine honey, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, lime juice and zest, red pepper flakes and ground ginger in a small bowl, and whisk together.
- Transfer pork loin to slow cooker, then pour marinade over the top. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours (or on high for 3-4), or until pork is tender.
- Once pork is cooked through, pour remaining marinade/juices into a small saucepan and place over medium-high heat.
- Combine cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water in a small bowl and whisk to create a slurry.
- Pour slurry into sauce mixture and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until mixture starts to thicken.
- Pour over pork, then serve hot, garnished with lime wedges and freshly chopped cilantro.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest