- 1 lb chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (or gluten-free tamari or soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- Add 1 egg to a bowl and whip.
- In a separate bowl add tapioca flour.
- Dip chicken into bowl with egg and then into bowl with tapioca flour until all pieces are combined.
- Add coconut oil to a large pan on medium-high heat.
- Saute chicken on each side for 1 minute to brown. Set aside.
- In slow cooker combine tomato paste, water, apple cider vinegar, palm sugar, coconut aminos and ginger.
- Add in onion, pepper, broccoli, and pineapple.
- Top with chicken.
- Stir until all ingredients are coated with sauce.
- Set on high for 2.5 hours or low for 4.5 hours. Adjust time depending on your slow cooker (time will vary depending on model).
- Serve over a bed of rice or cauliflower rice.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest