- 1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat, well trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1 (8 ounce) packages baby portabella mushrooms ( crimini or other mushroom may be used)
- 1 (1 ounce) package beefy onion soup mix ( one envelope)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups wine, dry and red
- Place beef, onions and mushrooms in a 4 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add dry soup mix. Sprinkle with cornstarch and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour wine over all. Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours or high 5 to 6 hours.
- Stir well before serving.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest