- 3 -5 lbs beef roast ( any inexpensive cut will work)
- 1 (4 ounce) packages Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 (14 ounce) jars yellow pepperoncini peppers
- 1 (10 ounce) cans Swanson chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) cans swanson beef broth
- Place beef roast in crock pot.
- Pour Onion soup mix, beef, and chicken broths over roast.
- Cut tops and stems off each pepperoncini pepper, and return them to their original jar in the juice.
- Pour entire jar of pepperoncini peppers w/juice over beef roast and mix with large spoon to blend soups.
- Cover crock pot and cook on low for 11 hours.
- (note – 11 hours, not 8 hours like most recipes)This is important to the success of this roast.
- The last 1/2 hour of cooking time, take roast out of crock pot and “shred” the meat apart with a knife, and return meat to the juices in crock pot for 30 minutes.
- Serve on your favorite bun or hoagie roll, with extra juice on the side.
- Serving Suggestion: Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over beef sandwich and microwave for 35 seconds before serving, then spoon additional au jus over the bread!
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest