- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut in 1-inch pieces ( we used lean beef round)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 8 ounces assorted wild mushrooms, cut into quarters ( regular button mushrooms work too)
- 1 cup baby carrots ( cut in half)
- fresh parsley ( to garnish)
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Place beef in a 5 qt crock pot. Sprinkle with the flour mixture, and toss to coat.
- In the same small bowl used to mix the flour (now empty), combine the beef broth, tomato paste, wine and garlic. Mix well and add it to the beef in the crock pot.
- Add the potatoes, mushrooms and carrots to the crock pot and mix well to disperse the ingredients evenly throughout.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 5 – 6 hours, or LOW for 8 – 9 hours, until vegetables and beef are tender.
- DO NOT LIFT LID AND STIR DURING COOKING TIME.
- When ready to serve, stir well, and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest