- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper ( reduce if that’s too spicy for your tastes)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups coarsely chopped tomatoes ( , canned or fresh)
- 2 (19 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook onions, stirring, just until they begin to brown; then add garlic and all spices and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add vinegar and tomatoes and bring to a boil, then place mixture in your slow cooker; add chickpeas and combine well.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours, or until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
- Serve with hot naan or pita bread.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest