photo source : laurengreutman.com
- 1 bag (26-32 oz) frozen fully cooked breaded chicken strips or nuggets (see NOTES)
- 8 oz sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (28 oz) petit diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- ¼ cup brown sugar (see NOTES)
- Spray the crock with non-stick spray.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in the crock pot. I used a 5 quart round crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours, high 3-5 hours–add the chicken the last hour of cooking.
- Place slices of cheese on top about 15 minutes before you plan to serve.
Omit the sugar if you like a tart sauce. I like a sweet sauce and ¼ cup brown sugar does it for me. If you prefer a less sweet sauce, use 2 tbs brown sugar.