- 1 onion, chopped
- 24 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can ( 15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can ( 15 oz.) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can ( 8 oz. ) tomato sauce
- 2 cans ( 15 oz. each) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 10 oz. frozen corn
- 1 T. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- salt to taste
- 1-1/4 c. reduced-fat shredded cheddar or Jack cheese
- 1/4 c. chopped, fresh cilantro
- Add all ingredients except for cilantro and cheese to a crock pot. Give a good stir until well combined. Cook on high for 3 hours.
- When done, reduce heat to low and cook for another 3 hours. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.
- Remove chicken with a slotted laddle and place in a shallow dish. Using two forks, shred chicken into small pieces and return to pot.
- Serve warm in individual bowls topped with fresh cilantro and 2 tbsp cheese
- Makes 10 servings
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest