- 16oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts (4, 4oz breasts)
- 1 medium sized onion, thinly sliced
- 2 lb red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Juice from two lemons
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Fresh chopped chives for garnish (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot and season with salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp oregano.
- Layer potatoes and onion slices over chicken breasts.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together broth, Dijon, lemon juice, lemon zest, and remaining oregano.
- Pour over chicken, potatoes and onions, and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped chives over each serving.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 hour(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1/4th of whole crock pot
PER SERVING: 220 calories; 4g fat; 39g carbohydrates; 28g protein; 5g fiber