A simple and delicious dessert perfect for fall this easy crock pot pumpkin crumb cake was a huge hit with everyone who tried it.
- 1 box cinnamon crumb cake mix (with cake mix and cinnamon topping; I used Krusteaz brand)
- ½ cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size (5 to 6-Quart)
- Set aside the cinnamon topping packet from the cake mix. In a large bowl stir together the dry cake mix, water, egg, pumpkin, and vanilla until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl stir together the cinnamon topping and nuts.
- Spray the slow cooker with nonstick spray. (I lined it with nonstick foil instead.) Spread half the cake batter into the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle with half the cinnamon mixture. Dollop the remaining cake batter on top and spread it out over the cinnamon mixture. Top with the remaining cinnamon mixture. Cover the top of the crock pot with 3 to 4 layers of paper towels and then set the lid on top. (This will prevent condensation that develops in the lid from dripping back into your cake.) Cook on HIGH for 2 to 2-1/2 hours, or until the cake is set, then remove the lid and paper towels and turn off the slow cooker. Let the cake sit for 15 minutes. Enjoy warm.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1/12th): 293 calories, 10.3 g fat, 48.6 g carbs, 1.9 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1/12th w/o nuts anad chocolate chips): 223 calories, 5.4 g fat, 41.7 g carbs. 1.1 g fiber, 2.7 g protein.