Juicy, flavorful and incredibly easy, this low calorie Lemon Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken is a perfect weeknight dinner idea. With just a few basic ingredients and minimal prep work, this meal is a breeze to prepare and a pleasure to eat.
- 2lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 6 fillets
- 10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 lemons, sliced
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Spray bottom of slow cooker with nonfat cooking spray. Place hanf of the lemons and garlic in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and thyme and place on top of lemons and garlic.
- Cover chicken with remaining lemon slices and garlic, and pour broth over everything.
- Cover and cook on low about 4-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through. Liquid from slow cooker can be strained and served over chicken.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 hour(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 chicken breast
PER SERVING: 167calories; 2g fat; 1g carbohydrates; 30g protein; 0g fiber