Slow Cooker Korean Beef Tacos
Serving Size: 1/2 cup beef or 2 tacos with slaw
Nutritional Information: 207.9 calories, 6.5 g of fat, 11.1 g of carbohydrates, 3.1 g of fiber, 17.4 g of protein
2 pounds beef roast, trimmed of fat
1/2 cup brown sugar (or 1/2 tbsp. molasses and 3.5 tbsp. Truvia/similar product for lower carb – 5.2 g per serving)
1/3 cup soy sauce
10 cloves of intact garlic
1/2 red onion, diced
2 jalapenos, diced
1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Combine the sugar, soy sauce, red onion, jalapenos, ginger, rice vinegar, sesame seeds in a small bowl.
2. Add the beef and garlic to the crock pot and cover with the sauce.
3. Cook for 8-10 hours on low. When it has 30 minutes left to cook and the beef can be easily shredded with a fork, break it into larger pieces. Continue cooking without the lid on so the sauce thickens up.
4. Finish shredded the beef and serve over warm corn tortillas with jicama slaw.
To make the jicama slaw
1. Combine half a bag cole slaw mix, 1/2 diced jicama, 1/4 chopped cilantro, 1/4 cup diced red onion, 2 tbsp peanut dressing, 1 tsp Asian hot sauce, and the juice of two limes. Mix together and serve on the side or on top of the taco itself.