This slow cooker breakfast casserole with frozen hash browns, eggs, sausage and cheese is a family favorite.
- 16 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes (I used O’Brien style)
- ½ pound cooked turkey breakfast sausage
- ¾ cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 2 to 3-Quart
- If it isn’t already cooked, brown the sausage in a skillet.Drain and set it aside.
- Grease your slow cooker.
- Place one third of the frozen potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with one third of the cooked sausage and one third of the cheese.
- Repeat the layers two more times.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes, sausage and cheese in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 or 5 hours or until the casserole is set in the middle and lightly brown around the edges.
- Cut into 6 wedges to serve.
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving: (1/6th): 261 calories, 13.8 g fat, 4.7 g sat fat, 254 mg cholesterol, 627 mg sodium, 14.2 g carbs, 1.8 g sugar, 1.6 g fiber, 20.2 g protein.