This tropically-influenced dish pairs jerk-seasoned chicken breasts with sweet potato and pineapple. It’s a fabulous combination of sweet and spice.
- 1/2 cup(s) light unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, packed (leaves and tender end stems)
- 3 Tbsp jerk seasoning, or less to taste
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s)
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 piece(s) ginger root, 1-inch, fresh, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, or less to taste
- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), six 4-oz pieces
- 3 medium uncooked sweet potato(es), peeled, cut into small cubes
- 20 oz canned pineapple packed in juice, drained (chunks)
- 1 large uncooked onion(s), diced
- To make marinade, combine coconut milk, cilantro, jerk seasoning, sugar, garlic, salt, ginger, lime juice and cayenne in a blender or food processor; process until combined and set aside.
- Layer chicken, potatoes, pineapple and onion in a slow cooker. Pour marinade over top; cover and cook on low until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender, about 5 hours. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve. Yields 1 piece chicken and about 3/4 cup potato-pineapple mixture per serving.
- If you cannot find small chicken breasts, cut larger ones into 4 ounce pieces.You can peel the potatoes or leave skin on for more fiber.