This slow cooker potato cauliflower soup is easy, healthy and delicious. Perfect for warming you inside and out when it’s chilly. Always a favorite at our house.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 10 ounces cauliflower (1/2 medium head)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 12 ounces fat free evaporated milk
- Combine the potatoes, cauliflower, onion, celery, carrot, broth, parsley, salt and pepper in a crock pot. (I used my 4-Quart.)
- Cover and cook on LOW 7 to 9 hours, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the evaporated milk during the last hour.
- Enjoy as is or if you like your soup creamy you can puree it using a stick blender or potato masher right in the crock pot. Or you can puree all or part of the soup with a traditional blender. Do this carefully in small batches so you don’t burn yourself.
- Taste it and add more salt and pepper if desired.
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (1-1/4 cups): 240 calories, 1 g fat, 50 g carbs, 6 g fiber, 10 g protein