- 1lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 4oz can diced chiles
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 8 whole wheat, low carb flour tortillas
- 1 15oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup reduced fat Mexican-style cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray an 11 x 13 inch baking dish with nonfat cooking spray.
- Place chicken, tomatoes, chiles, green peppers, onion, garlic, and taco seasoning packet into a slow cooker and cook on low for about 5-6 hours. Shred chicken with two forks and stir. Drain off excess liquid.
- To make burritos, spoon about 3/4 cup burrito mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with 1 tbsp shredded cheese. Fold up burrito and place in baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Pour enchilada sauce over burritos and top with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Place in oven and cook until cheese melts and begins to bubble, about 10-12 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 hour(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 1 burrito
PER SERVING: 210 calories; 7g fat; 21g carbohydrates; 23g protein; 9g fiber