Recipe type: Bread
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 cup honey, maple syrup or brown rice syrup or a combination (I used ½ cup maple syrup and ½ cup brown rice syrup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup raisins, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped nuts
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 Tablespoons whole wheat flour (I used white whole wheat)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Coat a loaf pan that will fit into your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. (I used an 8×4-inch loaf pan.)
- Create a trivet that will fit into the bottom of your slow cooker. You can make a coil from aluminum foil. Or use several of the metal rings from canning jars.)
- In a medium bowl mix together the oil, honey, eggs, pumpkin, water, raisins and nuts until well blended.
- In a large bowl whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until mixed together.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Place the loaf pan on the trivet in your slow cooker.
- Prop the lid open at one end with a wooden spoon handle or chopstick to let steam escape.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-1/2 to 4 hours, until a tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Carefully, wearing oven mitts, remove the hot loaf pan from the hot crock pot.
- Place the loaf pan on a rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges of the loaf pan and then invert it onto the cooling rack.
- Turn back right side up and wait at least 10 minutes before attempting to slice.
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (1/12th): 213 calories, 7 g fat, 36 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein