- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch slices
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, ginger and salt until well blended. Set aside
- Coat a baking dish that will fit in your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange half the sweet potato slices in the baking dish.
- Cover the sweet potatoes with the apple slices.
- Sprinkle half the brown sugar mixture over the apples.
- Arrange the remaining sweet potato slices over the apples.
- Sprinkle with the remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Drizzle melted butter over the sweet potatoes.
- Cover and cook on LOW until the sweet potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 5 to 7 hours.
- Combine the coconut and chopped pecans and sprinkle over the sweet potato apple casserole.
- Uncover and cook 10 minutes more.
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (3/4 cup): 237 calories, 7 g fat, 44 g carbs, 7 g fiber, 2 g protein