- 8 cup(s) water
- 2 cup(s) uncooked steel cut oats
- 2/3 cup(s) dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 3 Tbsp slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine all ingredients, except almonds, in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Cook on low power for 4 to 6 hours, depending on desired creaminess. Stir well to combine and then sprinkle with almonds. Yields about 3/4 cup oatmeal and 1 teaspoon almonds per serving.
- Be sure to use steel-cut oats for this recipe as regular oatmeal will not hold up to this length of cooking. If you like your oatmeal very creamy, you can cook it up to 8 hours.