- 3-4lb pork butt, large pieces of fat removed then cut in big hunks
- garlic salt
- 15oz can chopped pineapple
- 1 cup BBQ sauce, divided (plus more for serving)
- 1 large red or sweet onion, sliced
- Place pork into the bottom of a large crock pot (I used a 6-quart) then season generously with garlic salt on all sides. Add can of chopped pineapple including the juices, ½ cup BBQ sauce, and sliced onion. Mix slightly then cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours, or until meat shreds easily. Shred then mix 2 cups pork with remaining ½ cup BBQ sauce (there will be extra pork – it freezes well!) Discard cooking liquid.
For 2 ounces of pork:
Total Fat: 3 g
Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 13 g
Nutritio figured without bun.