- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (5 ounce) package baby spinach or 6 cups packed baby spinach
- 2 (24 ounce) Jars marinara sauce, no sugar added
- 1 cup reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup (part skim) mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 whole wheat lasagna noodles, uncooked (break in half)
- Fresh basil for garnish
Add oil to a large skillet, add spinach and cook over low heat just until wilted, about 3-5 minutes.
Combine in a medium bowl ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, and oregano.
Add 1 cup marinara to the bottom of the slow cooker. Next, add a layer of broken lasagna noodles, spread 1/4 of cheese mixture over noodles, next top with 1/4 of wilted spinach. Repeat the layers until all the ingredients are used up. I prefer to add cheese last.
Cover and cook until noodles are al dente and cheese is bubbly. Cook on low-heat 4-5 hours or high heat 2-3 hours. Remove the lid and add parmesan to the top. Turn off the slow cooker and allow the casserole to sit for 15 minutes before cutting. Serve garnished with fresh basil and additional parmesan, if desired.
Recommend a 6 quart slow cooker, or approximately that size.