- 15 (12oz) whole-wheat lasagna noodles uncooked
- 1 15 oz container fat free ricotta
- 3 cups shredded reduced fat mozzarella
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 5-ounce package baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3 large portobello mushroom caps thinly sliced
- 1 small eggplant, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, combine egg substitute, ricotta, salt, pepper, oregano, spinach, mushrooms and eggplant.
- Mix both kinds of tomatoes and their juice, basil and garlic, in a medium bowl.
- Coat a 6-quart or larger slow cooker with non-fat cooking spray.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of the tomato mixture in the slow cooker.
- Arrange 5 noodles over the sauce, overlapping them slightly and breaking into pieces to cover as much of the sauce as possible.
- Spread half of the ricotta-vegetable mixture over the noodles and firmly pat down, then spoon on 1 1/2 cups sauce and sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella.
- Repeat the layering one more time, starting with noodles. Top with a third layer of noodles. Evenly spread the remaining tomato sauce over the noodles.
- Set aside the remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on High for 2 hours or on Low for 4 hours.
- Turn off the slow cooker, sprinkle the reserved mozzarella on the lasagna, cover and let stand for 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest