- 8 ounces, about 16 raw large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails discarded
- 1 pound raw tilapia, sea bass, or cod, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup of instant mashed potato flakes
- One 14.5-ounces can of undrained stewed tomatoes
- One 6.5-ounces can of chopped clams in juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 cups of chopped kale
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons ground thyme
- 3 1/2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 dried bay leaf
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 3 – 4 hours or 7 – 8 hours
1 – In a slow cooker, mix tomatoes and broth. A 4-quart size slow cooker is best. Add kale, onion, clams, garlic, and thyme. Stir well.
2 – Add shrimp, fish, and bay leaf and stir lightly to mix well.
3 – Cook covered on high for about 4 hours or on low for arround 8 hours, until shrimp and fish are cooked through.
4 – Then, add scallions and potato flakes, stir until homogenous. Discard the bay leaf.
Servings: 6 | 1/6th of recipe (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 181 calories
- 1.5g total fat
- 0.5g sat fat
- 552mg sodium
- 14g carbs
- 2g fiber
- 4.5g sugars
- 26g protein