- 1½ pounds raw boneless skinless lean chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 cups dry coleslaw mix
- 2 cans (14 to 15 ounces each) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) stewed tomatoes, not drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- Evenly season chicken with ¼ teaspoon salt and the pepper. Place all ingredients in the crock pot and stir. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or on LOW for 6 – 8 hours, until chicken is fully cooked and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf. Remove the chicken and place in a bowl. Shred each piece using two forks — one to hold the chicken in place and the other to scrape across the meat and shred it. Return the shredded chicken to the crock pot and stir into the soup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1 cup): 150 calories, 1g fat, 15g carbs, 4 g fiber, 20.g protein and 3 Weight Watchers Points Plus.2 Smartpoints