- 2 lbs ground beef (lean)
- 1 lb ground pork (lean)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup homemade sugar-free barbecue sauce or purchased Sugar-Free BBQ sauce such as Nature’s Hollow
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, onion, almond flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add in eggs and mix well with your hands until fully combined.
- On a large sheet of tinfoil, shape mixture into loaf roughly 5 x 9 inches. Lift foil by edges and place in a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Set slow cooker to low and cook 5 to 6 hours. In the last half hour of cooking, brush the top and sides with about 1/3 cup barbecue sauce.
- Use two serving forks to lift the meatloaf out of the slow cooker and onto a serving platter. Slice and serve with remaining barbecue sauce.
- ***Cooking tip: if you can’t use lean ground beef and pork, make sure to put a rack or some balled up tinfoil in the bottom of your slow cooker. Otherwise, your meatloaf will be swimming in grease by the end of cooking.
Serves 10. Each serving has 4.95 g of carbs and 1.46 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 3.51 g*
*with the homemade BBQ Sauce. Carb count will differ somewhat with purchased sauce.