- 1½ pounds ground beef, browned and drained
- 6 medium potatoes, cut into 1½ inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- ¼ cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- While the ground beef is browning, place potatoes in bottom of slow cooker, and salt and pepper generously.
- Add onions and minced garlic.
- Layer ground beef on onions and garlic, and top with kidney beans, diced tomatoes, and water.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- When there is about 15 minutes of cook time left, sprinkle cheese on top of dish and cover again until cheese is melted.
A great tip we have to spice this up a bit is to use chili beans instead of kidney beans. These beans are flavor-packed, and will add some great flair to this dish. Also consider topping it off with some cold sour cream, and even some jalapenos for some freshness.