1/2 lb uncooked penne pasta
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 package (20 oz) boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 bag (12 oz) frozen chopped onions, thawed
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
2 packages (8 oz each) sliced mushrooms
1 cup shredded 6-cheese Italian cheese blend (4 oz)
- Spray 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix pasta and cream. Toss to coat; set aside.
- In slow cooker, mix chicken, onions, Italian seasoning and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, stacking chicken up sides of cooker.
- Pour pasta mixture into center of chicken mixture, being careful to prevent pasta from touching sides of cooker.
- Pile mushrooms over pasta mixture, covering all the pasta pieces.
- Cover mushrooms tightly with foil.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 6 hours or High heat setting 3 hours. Turn off heat; stir in cheese.
- You can sub 3 cups diced fresh onions for the frozen onions.
- Pay attention to how all the ingredients go in. The chicken, mushrooms and foil all work as a team to cook the pasta while also protecting it from burning.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest