- 1kg pork tenderloin
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 orange pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of chinese five spice
- 1 teaspoons of black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoons of grated ginger
- 1/4 cup (60ml) of passata
- 1/4 cup (60ml) of light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of hoi sin sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
Place onions and peppers in the bottom of your slow cooker.
Mix together the sugar, chinese five spice, black pepper, garlic and ginger and rub this all over your pork tenderloin.
Add this to the slow cooker, then mix together thoroughly the passata, soy sauce, hoi sin sauce, cornstarch and sesame oil and pour this into the slow cooker.
Turn you slow cooker onto high (6 hour setting) or you can cook this on a low (longer setting) if you prefer.
The result is a yummy melt in the mouth pork.