Prep : 10 mins
Cook : 3 to 4 hrs
Total Time : 3to4 h 10 m
Servings : 6-8
2 lbs. Sirloin Steak (boneless – optional: can use pork or chicken, if desired)
2 T. Olive Oil
2 T. Lime Juice
1/2 c. Dos Equis or other Mexican beer
2 tsp. Minced Garlic
2 tsp. Ground Cumin
1 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1 Green Pepper, sliced
1 Red pepper, sliced
1 White Onion, sliced
Your favorite toppings
- Place steak, olive oil, lime juice, 1/2 c. Dos Equis, garlic and seasonings in a gallon plastic baggie. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour (up to 12 hours.)
- Place the steak and all juice/seasonings from the baggie into a 5-Quart Slow Cooker. (optional: steak, pork or chicken)
- Top with onion and green pepper slices.
- Cover. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours, or until meat is tender and steak is done to your likeness.
- Remove steak from slow cooker and place on a cutting board.
- Let the steak rest 10 minutes then cut into thin strips and place back in the slow cooker. Cover with lid.
- Cook the tortillas according to package directions.
- Add steak, peppers and onion to each tortilla and finish with your favorite toppings. (ex: cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce, and tomatoes)