4 pounds beef short ribs
2 dried bay leaves
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 envelope (1.2 ounces) brown gravy mix
1/2 cup dry red wine, if desired
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup
4 servings mashed potatoes (refrigerated, instant or frozen), heated
- Place ribs in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Top with bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce, gravy mix (dry), wine and soup.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- Spoon excess fat from top of sauce if desired. Remove bay leaves. Serve ribs with mashed potatoes, spooning sauce over all.
- Try cooking a 3-pound pot roast this way. It’s just as delicious but not as rich as the short ribs.
- Steamed baby carrots brighten up the plate. They also taste great with the sauce.
- Serve in pretty shallow soup plates with a fork and spoon to get every delicious drop of sauce.