Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 4 hrs
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
2 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- Place chicken in the slow cooker crock. Top with 2 tablespoons melted butter; sprinkle with Italian dressing mix.
- Cover, and cook on High for 3 hours.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, and cream cheese. Pour mixture over the cooked chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover, and continue to cook on Low until chicken in fork tender and the sauce has thickened, about 1 additional hour.