3 – 3 ½ pound chicken thighs
1 teaspoon or more curry spice
Salt and pepper to taste (or use chicken season)
¼ cup or more canola or cooking oil
1 onion sliced
1 scotch bonnet pepper
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1½ -2 Tablespoons Curry Powder
1 Tablespoon tomato paste
1-cup coconut milk
½ cup chicken broth or water
½-1 teaspoon paprika
2-3 sprigs thyme
1-pound potatoes or more peeled cut in medium pieces
1-pound carrots and green beans (more or less)
1 bay leaf
1-teaspoon chicken bouillon optional
Salt to taste
- Season chicken with, salt, pepper and curry spice and set aside
- In a large skillet or non stick pan, heat oil over medium heat, until hot, and then add the chicken and brown on both sides about 4-5 minutes until chicken is brown.
- Remove chicken and set aside. Drain oil and leave about 2 tablespoons
- Add onions, followed by minced garlic, thyme, smoked paprika, curry powder, stir for about 5 minutes, for the flavors to blossom,
- Add coconut milk, water , bay leaf ,and tomato paste; continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Salt I used about 1teaspoon and ½ teaspoon chicken bouillon (adjust to taste)
- Place in slow cooker insert, and then add chicken thighs. Gently throw in potatoes.
- About 45 minutes or an hour before chicken is ready throw in vegetables, continue cooking until chicken and vegetables are ready.
- Remove adjust for salt if necessary and serve