Prep Time : 20 mins
Cook Time : 6 hrs
6 bone-in breast halves,or chicken pieces,skinned
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 cup (125 ml) low-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup (125 ml) bottled pickled jalapeno chile slices,drained
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon cold water
8 oz (240 g) package cream cheese,softened and cubed
2 strips bacon,crisp-cooked and crumbled
- Sprinkle chicken with chili powder. Place chicken,bone side down,in slow cooker. Pour chicken broth and lemon juice around chicken. Top with jalapeno chile slices.Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 5-6 hours.
- Transfer cooked chicken and jalapeno chile slices to serving platter,reserving cooking liquid.
- Cover with aluminum foil and keep warm.In a small mixing bowl,combine cornstarch and cold water. Stir cornstarch mixture into reserved cooking liquid in slow cooker.
- Add cream cheese and whisk well to combine. Cover slow cooker and cook on high heat setting for a further 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour creamy sauce over cooked chicken. Sprinkle wit crumbled bacon and serve.