salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons oil
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
300 ml chicken stock
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 (300 g) can pineapple chunks, drained
2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat crock pot on high.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in skillet and brown chicken on all sides, transfer to crock pot.
- Mix all remaining ingredients, except the cornstarch, into the skillet and heat through, stirring well, transfer to crock pot.
- Turn crock pot to low and cook for 8 hours until chicken is tender, depending on your crock pot.
- Half an hour before serving, blend the cornstarch with a little water and stir into the crock pot to thicken sauce.
- Serve on rice.