- 6 oz sliced mushrooms
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1½ cups beef broth (low sodium)
- 1oz package brown gravy mix (dry)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dijon
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1½ lbs lean ground beef
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup minced onion
- ⅓ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 clove garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place mushrooms & onions in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Combine beef patty ingredients and form 6 patties. Brown over medium high heat (about 3 minutes per side).
- Layer beef patties over mushrooms. Combine remaining ingredients except water and cornstarch. Pour over beef and cook on low 5 hours.
- Once cooked, remove patties and set aside.
- Turn slow cooker onto high. Combine cold water and cornstarch. Stir into the broth and let cook a few minutes until thickened. Add beef back into the sauce to coat.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.