1 cpacked brown sugar
2/3 cvinegar (i used apple cider vinegar)
1/4 clemon-lime soda
2-3 Tbspminced garlic
2 Tbspsoy sauce
1 tspfresh ground pepper
2 Tbspcorn starch
pinchred pepper flakes (optional)
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken (frozen, thawed or fresh) inside slow cooker.
- Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic, soy sauce, and pepper together. Pour over chicken
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Take chicken pieces out of slow cooker (mine basically fell apart) and pour remaining sauce into saucepan.
- Place saucepan over high heat. Mix together corn starch and water, pour into saucepan, and mix well.
- Let sauce come to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken and turns into a glaze.
- Remove from heat and let sit for a minute or two (it will continue to thicken as it cools down).
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top if desired. This can be served over rice, noodles or baked potato!