Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours 5 mins
- 8-10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (frozen)
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon each dried oregano, basil, thyme,and rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried chili flakes (optional)
- ½ teaspoon each sea salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch (optional)
- Put frozen chicken thighs in bowl of slow cooker.
- Mix the remaining ingredients, except the cornstarch or tapioca flour, and pour over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or until meat thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°F.
- Mix cornstarch with ¼ cup of the cooking liquid until smooth. Add to the slow cooker, turn heat to HIGH, and cook for about 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly.