- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1/2 cup white onion, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) Hunt’s diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, separated
- Prepared white rice
- Fresh Parsley
- With your hands, mash and knead the rice, onion, and garlic into the ground beef.
- Add in the egg, salt (adjust to preference if sensitive to salt), pepper, basil, cayenne, and 1/4 cup of the condensed tomato soup. Again knead into the ground beef.
- Form meatballs by tightly squishing the mixture together until a tightly condensed meatball is formed. Repeat until all of the mixture is used up. I was able to make about 20 meatballs.
- Really squish and tightly form the meatballs or you run the risk of them falling apart when cooking.
- Spray your slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Pour one can of diced tomatoes in with 1 can of condensed tomato soup (don’t add any water).
- Layer the meatballs on top (I used a 6 quart slow cooker) of the tomato mixture.
- Pour the remaining condensed tomato soup and the last can of diced tomatoes on top of the meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours (watch carefully if you have a slow cooker that cooks a lot hotter than most).
- Remove from the slow cooker and serve over a bed of white rice.
- Garnish with salt and pepper if desired and freshly chopped parsley to taste.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest