Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 4 hr 45 min
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 1 oz package)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Mexican Style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) cream cheese, soften, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 oz medium shell pasta (from 16-oz box)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, stir beef, water, taco seasoning, tomatoes, onion and garlic until well blended.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 to 4 hours.
- Cook pasta as directed on box; drain. Uncover slow cooker; stir in cream cheese until melted. Stir in pasta and shredded Cheddar cheese until well blended.
- Cook uncovered on High heat 7 to 9 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.