Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours 15 mins
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (About 4 pieces)
3 Tablespoons Cornstach
½ tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp canola oil
½ cup soy sauce
4 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
4 Tablespoons ketchup
2 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
1 cup cashews
- Combine cornstarch and pepper in resealable food storage bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat with cornstarch mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sweet chili sauce sugar, garlic, ginger, pepper flakes, and cashews in small bowl; pour over chicken. (I like my cashews to be softer so I add them during the cooking process, if you want more of a crunch, add them right before serving)
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve over rice. Makes 4-6 servings.
We loved the recipe as is and many people do as well but here are some different things you can try.
-If it is too salty you can simply use low sodium soy sauce.
-If there isn’t enough sauce, you can double the sauce or make it 1 and ½ times.