Prep Time 20 min
Cook Time 6 hr
Total Time 6 hr 20 min
- 1 skinless chicken, about 4 lbs (1.8 kg)
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut
- 10-12 new potatoes, halved
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4-1/2 tsp dried thyme (a generous pinch)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 box chicken broth (~950ml)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper
- Prep the vegetables and place most of them in the bottom of the crockpot. Place the chicken on top of them, and fill the space around the chicken with any remaining vegetables and the bay leaf.
- Season the potatoes and chicken with a generous pinch of dried thyme (about 1/4-1/2 tsp), and moderately with salt and pepper.
- Add the wine and broth to the crock pot, and cook on low for approximately 6 hours, or high for approximately 4 hours, until chicken begins to fall off the bone.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from the crock pot, season with additional salt and pepper, if desired, and serve.
- Use crock liquid to make gravy, if desired.
- Chicken can be prepared in crockpot from frozen; add approximately 40 min to 1 hour for additional cooking time.