- 1 lb ground beef, turkey or Italian sausage
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 (28oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 650ml jar pasta sauce (about 2½ cups)
- 2½ cups water or chicken broth
- 1 375g box Penne or Ziti (or other short) pasta (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until browned. Stir in garlic and salt and cook 1 minute.
- Add beef mixture, basil, parsley, tomatoes, pasta sauce and water to a 4qt (or larger) slow cooker. Stir.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Add pasta and stir until combined. Cover and continue cooking for 20-45 minutes (depending on how hot your slow cooker is) — check and stir at the 20 minute mark.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest