- 1 (3-pound) corned beef brisket, plus pickling spice packet
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 24 baby carrots, tops trimmed to 2 inches
- 1 pound baby Dutch potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Place corned beef brisket, fat side up, into a slow cooker; sprinkle with pickling spice.
- Place whole cloves throughout the brisket. Add garlic, bay leaves and 2 cups water, or more water as needed to cover the brisket by at least 1 inch.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours. Add carrots and potatoes to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for an additional 2-3 hours, or until tender.
- Thinly slice the corned beef against the grain. Serve immediately with carrots and potatoes, garnished with parsley, if desired.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest