- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter ,cold
- 1 cup milk
- 4 apples, peeled and diced (I used Gala Apples)
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine the flour,2/3 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Cut the butter into the mixture until you have coarse crumbs.
- Stir the milk into the crumbs just until moistened.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 4 or 5 qt crock pot. Spoon the batter into the bottom of the crock pot and spread out evenly. Place the diced apples over the batter evenly.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the orange juice, honey,melted butter , remaining sugar and cinnamon. Pour over the apples.
- Place a clean kitchen towel over the opening of the crock pot, place the lid on. This keeps condensation from the lid from going into the crock pot. Set the crock pot on high and cook 2 to 3 hours until apples are tender.
- Serve warm.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest