- 1 Smithfield Spiral Sliced Ham, the leftover bone and 3 cups of diced ham
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1½ cups carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 3 cans white cannelini beans, drained and rinsed (15 ounce cans)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a pot or if your slow cooker like mine has an insert you can brown in, brown the ham bone on high until the sides are caramelized (3-4 minutes on each side).
- Add the bone, chopped ham, garlic, onion, carrots, celery, cannelini beans, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, vegetable stock, salt and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the ham bone and discard.
- Serve with parsley, optional as a garnish
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest