- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3-4 lbs)
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups beef stock, low sodium
- 1 Tbl garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6-8 medium sized red potatoes
- 10 Fresh basil leaves
- Layer onions, garlic and carrots on the bottom of your 5qrt crock pot bowl.
- Season roast with salt and pepper and place on top of vegetables in cooker.
- Place the potatoes around the roast; cut in half if need be. *If cutting in half face the cut half down.
- In a bowl mix together the beef stock, basil, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and half of the crushed tomatoes.
- Pour the mixture over top the roast.
- Take the remaining crushed tomatoes and spread out on top of the roast.
- Place the fresh basil leaves in the crushed tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on LOW 9-10 hours.
- When done, the roast will just fall apart so it’s best to use 2 large slotted serving spoon or spatulas to remove.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes on a serving platter.
- Remove the potatoes and carrots to the platter.
- Strain the broth and reserve for another recipe.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest