- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (3-pound) boneless pork loin, excess fat trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 sprig rosemary
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1/4 cup fig jam
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- Zest of 1 orange
- In a small bowl, combine fig jam, mustards and orange zest; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Season pork loin with brown sugar mixture, rubbing in thoroughly on all sides.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add pork loin, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Starting on 1 side, lay a slice of bacon, crosswise, on top of the pork, laying another slice to slightly overlap the first. Continue with remaining slices until fully covered.
- Place pork loin into a 6-qt slow cooker; top with fig jam mixture. Cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours, or until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 140 degrees F.
- Serve immediately, garnished with rosemary, if desired.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest